The Secret to Adding Muscle

By   




Growing up in a small town in Nebraska, at a very early age I became obsessed with big muscles. I would watch cartoons with characters that had 22 inch arms and bulging pectorals. I began to buy all the action figures and started drawing these characters for hours on end. I never knew people in real life could look like this.
Lifting for sports in high school was very beneficial to becoming a better athlete. I gained some muscle along the way. However, I was still a skinny kid. It wasn't until after high school I realized there is a huge difference between lifting for athletics and strength, and then there is being a bodybuilder.
I have come the simple conclusion of what the, "Secret" is. It is to Decide you want to add muscle. If we break down the word, "Decide" we get, "Cide". As in homicide or genocide. Cide comes the Latin language, and it means to, "cut off." So once I made a decision I wanted to add muscle. I had no other choice but to do just that. All the complex how to's didn't matter. I didn't understand how to train for optimal muscle growth, or how to eat to add lean quality muscle. So I was no longer pushing myself towards my goal, my goal was pulling me to it.
I have done 3 years of research trying to understand what is optimal for muscle growth. There are many great methods that will work. There is high rep, low rep, drop sets, super sets, and the new age of cross fit. So what actually works? The answer... they all do! You just have to pick one then DECIDE to stick with it!
After all my research I have come to find one of my favorite methods to build muscle. Slow and controlled, higher rep to force blood into the muscle tissue. Don't get me wrong... I am still a guy with a bit of an ego that likes to add the weight and have some fun here and there.
Imagine your muscle cells as a balloon. If we can expand those cells by pumping blood into them... muscles will have to get bigger. This is what I have come to find works best for me. With proper food and supplementation, its impossible not to grow. Remember... nothing comes over night. Just decide you want to build muscle and everything else will follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment