How Can A Skinny Guy Get Bigger?

By   





Growing up I was always the little guy. I was the little guy on the playground in grade school. I was the little guy in high school. It seemed like I would never grow, put on weight and end the life of being skinny.
The odd thing was that I ate plenty of food. I ate three big meals a day and even added a few snacks in between. Later though I discovered that what I was eating was not going to help a skinny guy get bigger.
My Monster Brother
Shortly after high school, I was about 5'8 and weighed around 120 pounds. I was skinny to say the least. Not only was I skinny, but I was sick of being skinny.
As it turns out, my brother was an avid weightlifter. He wasn't just any weightlifter either. He was a huge weightlifter. He was about 5'8 and weighed almost 240 pounds... and it wasn't fat either.
I sat down with my brother and asked him directly, how can a skinny guy get bigger? Heck, by this point I didn't even know if it was possible. Because up until this point nothing I tried had ever worked.
After a little discussion, my brother promised me that it wasn't an impossible task for me to grow in size and he had a workout plan that could help any skinny guy get bigger.
The Workout
I had gone to the gym plenty of times in high school. The problem was I didn't go consistently, which is a must when trying to get bigger. Also, I didn't know how to work out in terms of which exercises to do and how often I should be working out, etc. This is where my brother's plan really came into play.
The funny thing is that like a lot of people, I had always assumed that in order to workout correctly, you had to spend hours and hours in the gym every single day. Well, maybe collectively you spent hours in the gym, but for a single workout you only needed to spend approximately 50 minutes in the gym four times a week.
The workout my brother gave me involved training two body parts a day and four exercises per body part. For the most part each exercise included a warm up set and three heavy sets. - This came to a total of eight exercises.
As far as workout frequency, I was to work out two days, take a day off and then workout two more days before taking the last two days off. The body needs time to rest in order to grow.
On day one I would work chest and triceps. On day two I would work my legs. For day three I would simply rest and take time to recover. Day four I would work my back and my biceps and on day five I would work shoulders and triceps. Days six and seven it was back to rest and recovery. Then it would start all over.
Workout Diet
How can a skinny guy get bigger by eating anything? Well, he can't. In order to add quality weight like muscle, skinny guys should eat five meals a day. They should take in 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. So if a guy weighs 100 pounds, he will need to eat 150 grams of protein every day. This means that per meal he should have 30 grams of protein.
In order to take in enough protein, the daily diet should be supplemented with protein powder and protein bars. Other meals should consist of fish, chicken, beef, vegetables and complex carbs like sweet potatoes, brown rice and oatmeal.
Note, diet is extremely important if you are looking to add mass. No matter how hard you are working out, if you are not taking in enough of the right calories, you won't grow.
So how can a skinny guy get bigger? Well a skinny guy can get bigger by consistently following a workout plan and consistently staying on the right eating schedule. It takes discipline to achieve goals with any workout plan.
Elvis likes to work out, drink coffee every chance he gets, write, play music and enjoy his blue crayfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment